Friday, August 24, 2007

I Dream of a Library That Has Never Been and Say,"Why Not?"

I often say, "This is a great time to be a librarian!" Our access to information is cybersonic. We've come a long way from stained glass for learning. And Yet I want more. The Library has to be a gateway to information for our public. Our websites have to be top notch because patron accessability is everywhere. If our public needs information, I want the library and it webpages to be the first place they want to go. In reading the articles about library 2.0, I like the thought of removing our patron's barriers to information. I do not wish to smash my boat into the icebergs of outdated collections when I can use my computer to inform. In olden times I would have been called a traitor for such thoughts. We are farther down the information highway than I would ever have thought at the beginning.

No comments: